Monday, April 20, 2009

Out of touch!

I am so sorry everyone! My life has been so crazy that there are some things that just have to go on the back burner. Unfortunately, one of those items was my blog. I am going to try to better about writing on this again. We are just as busy as we have ever been. The boys just got done with Spring break, and are now back to the grind stone and taking tests this week. Chandler scored third highest in the whole state of Georgia, on a DAR short story assignment he took in January, which is awesome! Owen is also doing great in school. His teacher calls to give me updates, and says he is a great student. Hayden is playing T-ball, and I will post pictures very soon of his first game and season. It will be ending shortly, and I am hoping for a sports break in the summer.

I want to have a relaxed summer, although I am going to be starting college again, so I don't know how relaxed it will be. We are planning a vacation this summer to fly out and visit my family in New Mexico. We haven't been out there in a few years so it's time, and I found some great rates on airline tickets, so I am going to venture across the country with 3 kids all by myself. I am actually excited about going. It will be fun, and we will get to see most of the family.

I have two performances this week. One with the Institute choir I am a member of on Wednesday, and a solo at that one. I am singing 'I Know That My Redeemer Lives', a version done at an EFY in 2000. And also I have the opportunity to sing in a trio at a singles conference I am attending at the beach in Destin, FL. I am excited about this conference we are going to have a blast. we have plans to go parasailing and also ride on some seadoos. I will hopefully have pictures to post of that too soon.

I am still the choir director for my ward here. We just sang for Easter, and will sing for Mother's Day coming up. I am the Enrichment leader still and the R.S. newsletter person. The boys are doing good, Chandler is in the scouting program and enjoying it. They are getting ready for the Pinewood Derby race in the next few weeks.

Hayden has been registered for Pre-K and will start in the fall. He is so excited to get to ride the school bus with his brothers, and go to big boy school. I am excited for him to get to go to school too. Every time we pass by the schools he says that's where he is going to go to kindergarten, but has to go to Pre-K first. It's really cute to listen to him.

Well, this is a short update on us. I will try to get some pictures on here very soon. I hope all is well with all, of you and leave me comment love and let us know how you all are doing.

Love to all,
Amy and the boys

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating, Amy! I glad to hear how wonderful you sound :)

Michelle said...

Yay for an update! Sounds like you have some great plans for the summer. I wish I could have heard your solo. How did it go?

Nate Kendra Olsen said...

can't wait to see ya!