Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 3 Beauty of Fall








The Beauty of Fall, this is my most favorite time of the year. I am so grateful for all the wonderful colors of the rainbow. Also, for the amazingly vibrant colors of the fall foliage that is all around. There's not much here in South Georgia where I live, so I get to travel to see the beauty, but enjoy it nonetheless.
In the scriptures it says when God created the Earth, in Genesis 1:11-19 it says:

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

At this time of year all of nature is changing. I love to see all the new and different changes going on around me. It is crazy to think that this year is beginning to come to a close. It has gone by so fast, but also there are days, when I feel like it is slithering by like a snail. My life has gone through many changes over the past year and a half. I am grateful for the change, it has been a long, difficult road. But also very rewarding. I have proven a lot of things to myself and I have learned a lot about myself too. I thank my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ for standing beside me and holding me up when I was not able to stand on my own. They have never let me down. They will never walk away from us, we are the ones who turn away. My life has been so blessed during this change. Thank you!


The photos in this post are taken from two different areas. These first ones are from North Alabama, Birmingham area and north of there. I love the red of those maple trees, at the temple with the Angel Moroni trumpeting over top. Glorious and so beautiful.



I absolutely love the contrast of the colorful leaves in the trees against the vivid blue of the sky. I could lay down in the grass and look up at the sky and the leaves for many hours. Enjoying all of Gods beautiful creations all around us. If we don't take the time to smell the flowers, and slow down a bit in our busy lives. We will miss out on some of the most wonderful things, the Lord has blessed us with on this earth. I try took at everything I pass by. Especially sunrises and sunsets. I keep my camera with me almost at all times, because you never know when there is going to be something worth capturing on film.



This is out windshield as I traveled to Hamilton back from an afternoon at the Birmingham Temple. I love the hills we are driving in, and the pink in the sunset. This sunset, is probably one of the most vibrant I have EVER seen. The sky was clear, but the colors were amazing. Gods paintbrush was everywhere. And we were traveling west, so we got to see it for much longer.



As the sun set further, the pink turned into a firey orange. I was in awe by how bright the orange was. And sorry this photo does not do justice to how it looked in person. I mean we looked from one end of the horizon to the other side and it was this beautiful rainbow of color all the way across the sky. Thank you Heavenly Father for wonderful and amazing works of art across the sky each morning and evening.


This is one of the landscape as we traveled up the interstate. I love the hills. This part of the country is in the foothills of the Appalachian mountain range. Its absolutely amazing up here. I think if I could picture what heaven looks like, this is it. I grew up in the mountains of Utah, and they are wonderful too. But I think I fell in love with this area, it is so pretty. Brings back many memories of my childhood.


The rest of the photos are from Dauset Trails in Jackson, GA. A park outside of Macon. We had a single adult hiking actitvity last fall in November. It was really pretty there too.


I love how the steps are covered with the fallen leaves, it just makes the whole scene look that much more inviting to me, and so peaceful.


I love the gold color of those leaves, as the other against the brightness of the blue in the sky.



This one is right on the edge of a small lake, but the red is amazing on the trees.


Nature is the art of God. ~ Dante





2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this post, Amy! So beautiful. (I'm sorry I'm so slow to comment--got really behind in my google reader).
Your photos are breathtaking, and your words inspiring.
Love and {hugs},
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy! It's so nice to see you again! Your boys are adorable, and your photography is amazing. I'm so glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch. :) Merry Christmas!