Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What will break NEXT!


Alright I am told it is time to write another post on my blog. I just have been busy and not much exciting has been going on. But now, I am wrong about that, a few things have happened in the past few weeks, that were an adventure for us.
This is a picture of a broken part of our old computer. This isn't what broke, but I wanted a picture of something broken, so I uploaded this. Within the last 2 weeks for some reason things keep breaking around here. First it was the faucet in the bathroom, then the belt on the lawn mower broke, and finally the VHS part of our DVD/VHS combo player, has a tape stuck in it and isn't working.
When Chandler went to turn off the cold water after his shower, the knob broke off. So Matt went to Lowe's to get a new faucet for the bathtub. Then when he was taking the old faucet off, the hot "pipe" (not really, it was a small plastic tube). When he took off the hot knob, the tube fell down into the wall. So I called a plumber, and since it was 9 pm at night he said the charge was going to be $126 per hour, minimum of 2 hours. I really didn't want to pay that much, but since the water to the whole house was turned off, I had to have him come so I wouldn't have to close my daycare for it. So he was supposed to come and fix it, but by 10 or so we were so tired of waiting, that Matt measured the faucet and cut a hole in Chandler's wall the same size and at the same place. Chandler's wall backs up to the bathroom wall. He poked a hole in the wall where the hot water knob goes so he knew where to cut. Then when he got the piece of the wall off I had to reach my hand in there and grab the tubing. That was so much fun. JUST KIDDING! But we got it put back together with no leaks. YEAH!
Next, on Saturday Matt was mowing the lawn and the belt broke that turns the blade on the mower. So we had to replace that. That was an interesting adventure also. I went and bought the belt, and helped Matt take apart the mower to get it on, and had to lay in strange positions to hold pulleys, the belt, and different nuts and bolts so Matt could tighten it all back together. It was good to help him, so that if I have to do that in the future I will know maybe a little about it.
Then the third thing that broke on Monday was our DVD/VHS player combo. I had put in an exercise video that I had rented from the library, and it got stuck in the VHS part of the combo machine. The sad thing is, is that I have only had this player for 6 months, also I have only used the VHS part of it about 3 times, and it was a replacement from another one that I had that broke too. This will be total of 3 players we have had in the past 3 years. I really like being able to make my own DVDs, but this is crazy! We have had different models, and brands and they all seem to not work for very long.
So I called the company and they said that this model was only warrantied for 90 days, so it was out of warranty. The original model that I had bought in a store, was warrantied for 1 year, but not this one, that they replaced. I think that is really strange. Anyway, so I had to take the player into the repair store to have the VHS tape removed, and it is due at the library today (Wednesday), and can't be renewed.
I just can't believe that all these things keep breaking. What's next?!?!?
I guess it's just not my week. Well, I hope that this is the end of all things breaking for a while. Till next time! :)
Amy

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh Amy! What a week! Hope the sugary cupcakes helped a little! :) (I know that's how I deal with stress!)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

My goodness! You have had some week!! I hope the upcoming weeks are much more boring! :-)