Thursday, June 12, 2008

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


Ok, Ok...You all told me I would be hooked. I am really not that much into vampires. But oh my heck I really like this book.
We are reading Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer for our mini Enrichment Book club group. I really wasn't so sure about it. Since this is an LDS group, and they wanted to read a book about vampires. Then I heard she was a member of the church, so I thought I would give it a try. I was told the book was clean too, so I thought it couldn't hurt, and it could hopefully distract me too.

Well, all you fans, you were right about it, and I am not done yet, but am trying to find out how I can get my own copies of the series. And getting the email today with the first scene from the movie that comes out in december made me excited. I am told there are so far 3 books in the series and a 4th to come out soon, and then the movie at the end of the year.
I really haven't been obsessed with a book or author since I started reading Anita Stansfield a few years ago. She is also and LDS author and I enjoy reading her books too. She takes almost like real life events and make them into fiction novels. My mom got me started on her books, I think from one my uncle gave her a few years back.

Anyway, here is the cover of the book, if you haven't read it yet, it is REALLY GOOD!!!! Have a good night, I'm off to read some more before bed. I'm about half way through right now. It's getting really good. :)

2 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I told you that you'd love that book! The second and third are good too---and I can hardly wait for the 4th. The second sets up everything for the 3rd, but it was a frustrating book for me (you'll know why when you read it! ;->)

As far as where you can buy it---go to www.walmart.com. You can buy the books for anywhere between $9.99-10.47 (hardcover) and pre-order the 4th in that price range too. I finally bought my own set and I also have them on CD which I got off of Ebay--so, I'm busy "re-reading" Twilight in preparation for the book club.

I love these books and can hardly wait for the movie--I put the trailer on my blog awhile back when it came out.

Addictive indeed! :-)

Jenn said...

Glad you caught the "vampire fever!" They are really good, aren't they? I am waiting for the fourth one anxiously. I'm really excited about the movie, too--a definite girls night out!

I'll miss you all at book club--I'll be at girls camp then. :(