Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Spirit

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Watson's.




pictured: Hayden (3), Chandler (9), Amy & Owen (7).


I've been really trying to get into the holiday spirit lately. I put my tree and decorations up early this year due to some out of town traveling that I was doing around Thanksgiving. That is when I usually put them up. But the weather here in southern Georgia has been unseasonably warm. I mean my bushes are blooming again, and they should be in hibernation right now.

Anyway, so I wanted to post my holiday home decor for you to see. Also, I have a very cool video of an acapella group singing a version of "the 12 days of Christmas" that I really love. There are many songs by "Straight No Chasers on Youtube.com. GO check them out, they are amazing. And a Christmas light display to music that is on my sidebar, just remember to pause the music that I have on there.


My garland over the kitchen door, and the wreath and lights in the kitchen. I love to decorate for holidays, no matter which one.

My Christmas tree, decorated with sentimental ornaments. I only put ornaments on there that the boys bring home from school, or that we make here at home. I like to make at least one new ornament each year to put on there.


My mantle where we took the picture of me and the boys. All that is missing is the fire, I'll have to get that picture when it gets a little colder outside.



My bookshelf with all my houses, and my nativity set. I love my houses, I have a Wal-mart from working there, and a movie theater too.


Chocolate cake mix cookies with peppermint pieces inside.


Pretzel rods with caramel, then chocolate, and sprinkles on top. The sweet and salty combination of the caramel, chocolate & crunch and salt of the pretzel. Love these! Thanks Lora for bringing these to me last year, I will forever make them now.



Brownies with Andes mints on top.

Mrs. Claus' Peppermint Fudge. I've never made fudge before, and it turned out OK.


Praline Squares, oh my heck, these are so good. Even though they have no chocolate, they are heavenly.
I will try to get the recipes on here soon. Probably all in one post. My blue plate special posts have taken a back burner to my life lately, so I'm sorry. I also need to get my candied yams recipe on here from Thanksgiving, sorry I haven't done that yet Linda. I'm working on it. Maybe next week I can get all of them on here.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All. Love the Amy Watson Family.
Amy, Chandler, Owen and Hayden Watson



1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a fun post, Amy! I loved it.
You are great at having fun with your boys, even when things aren't always easy.
Love you! Happy new year!
~Michelle