Friday, August 7, 2009

My first Gratitude Post of 100

I am so sorry to everyone for not being better about posting to my blog. I have gotten into Facebook, I have been busy with the boys and traveling this summer, and so this blog has just become part of the back burner.

I asked my friend Michelle to make me a gratitude button so that I could do "100 Days of Gratitude" posts like she does. And so today is Day #1 for me.

I am grateful for my Heavenly Father. I have to publicly thank my Him for all that He has given me. I would have nothing without him and my older brother Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the love He has for me. I know that He knows me personally, and that He knows all my wants and needs. I am blessed by His love on a daily basis. I see the hand of the Lord in my life each and every day. Through my recent life changing trials I have learned to lean on Him so much more. I always knew He was there, but now I can't get through my day without feeling of His love. I feel His love in so many different ways. Through the eyes of my children when they say good morning, give me a kiss & hug and that they love me, through my daily prayers, scripture study, the beautiful sunrise I get to experience while waiting for my boys to get on the bus in the mornings, the amazingly radiant sunsets that glow through my kitchen window every evening. We would have nothing without Him.












Here is a sunrise on the left, and a sunset on the right. Both taken from my front porch and back deck. I have seen some of the most vibrant, colorful and breathtaking sunsets from the courtesy of my own home. I love to see them, and look forward to seeing many more in the future. So when I visit a new place I try to experience the sunrise and set there, to see if they are as beautiful as at my house. :) Again, thank you Heavenly Father for blessing my life with so many things. I will post about a lot of them through out these gratitude posts.



"We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues" (Thomas S. Monson, "An Attitude of Gratitude," Ensign, May 1992, 54).

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Amy! This post is so uplifting. It made me feel happy and peaceful today.

Flaws in Wood said...

Testing, hello Amy.