Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rafting the Nantahala

On August 11th, I was able to take an overnight trip to North Carolina to go white water rafting for my cousin's birthday. We took enough family members to fill two rafts and like most Watson outings, it was a battle royale down the river. We had a blast. The highlight, of course, took place when my raft managed to T-Bone the other raft into a large rock sending them tumbling like bowling pins. Two of them fell out including the birthday boy. It wasn't an intentional act, but it sure was funny after we were certain that everyone was OK. This photo was taken near the end of the trip just as we were about to go over a Class III rapid. I'm in the front on the side of the raft nearest the camera, my Dad is behind me, and the other 3 are my Dad's sister, Michelle, her husband, Jim, and my cousin, Lee (not the birthday boy we sent swimming - he was on the other raft).

2 comments:

Nana said...

True Watson outing. It's not over until there are injuries or at least the possibility of some. :-)

Unknown said...

Our Watson family gathering moto should be "No blood shed, No fun" LOL.