Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Countdown to my Destin Beach weekend getaway

The above is my countdown clock, so you can see how soon I get to go on my wonderful and exciting Destin, FL beach weekend.

Tiffany, one of my best friends that I haven't seen in about 7 years is in Destin for work, and invited me to come spend the weekend with her. I have been needing a little getaway and so this is it. She is leaving on Saturday morning, so we'll get to spend Friday together, then I will get to do some exploring Saturday and a little on Sunday, after I go to church, (maybe more time at the beach. I love the beach!) And I will definitely be getting the sunset beach pictures I want to badly.

This is from the Hilton photo gallery online, but I couldn't resist borrowing it. It is an amazing photo of the umbrellas that line the beach, and how clear the water is. I will have some of my own photos like this when I return. Maybe not this high though...we'll see.

I've been told that Destin has some of the most beautiful beaches in Florida, so I am really looking forward to this. I get to leave on Thursday evening. I am dropping the boys off at their dad's house and then I will be OUTTA HERE!!!

This is Baytown Wharf Village, (taken from a yahoo search). Shopping and Cafes and even a candy shop :) YUM and did I mention shopping. I don't really love to shop, I do better at window shopping. I've never been where I could just spend whatever I wanted to, so I have mastered the art of window shopping.



So everyone please have a great weekend. And I will bring back some sand for my collection, and hopefully lots of pictures. Hopefully souvenirs or for the boys.
This is one of the many beach photos I found on yahoo. It looks really inviting. And also looks like I could enjoy some people watching. I love to just sit and watch people do whatever they are doing.



My friend Tiffany sent this photo to me, and it's now hanging on my wall in my bathroom right above my tub so I can "Calgon Take Me Away" to this spot. :)

See you when I get back, if I come back...I may like it too much. NO, I miss my boys when I'm not with them, I'll come back for them. I'll see you in a few days.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Do you need someone to carry your bags? Because I'm really good at that stuff... seriously! I hosted a big layover with no setbacks!

Thanks for stopping by today! Come back soon!

Jen said...

Enjoy your weekend in the sun!*Sigh* I could use some sun. The one that's shining here isn't giving off any heat.

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!!! Relax and enjoy!