Friday, October 3, 2008

A beautiful sunset

Owenator, HD, Mom, Channy Man -Georgia Cotton Field
I have been searching for this sunset picture that I have been wanting to take for a few years now, I saw the perfect site, but for the past 2 years it has been peanuts and not cotton. :( Well, I found it, mostly. This isn't what is in my head but it will have to do for now, until the other patches that I know of are ready to harvest. And if I can get to them before they are picked on a day that has a pretty sunset. I don't get to drive around much and look for places because of running the kiddos all over, but tonight I was trying to decide what to put in a photo contest that the fair is having, and I really wanted the sunset over a cotton field. And on the way to Wal-mart (THE LOOOOONG WAY) I went in search of that cotton field I have been looking for.

A few days ago my friend Jennifer put a new picture on her facebook page of her and her husband at a cotton field. It looked exactly like the one I had been wanting to take a picture at, so I asked her where it was. I went in search of it today, and I think it was picked....darn it. But I did find another one. It isn't as good as the one in her picture but I took some anyway. I also set the timer and took one of me and my boys, but it turned out blurry, so it will probably only get it's moment here on the blog, and maybe in scrapbooks but probably not on my wall. Unless I can figure a way to make it less blurry. Although on the blog here, it doesn't look that bad, except that huge shirt I am wearing. I was trying to support our local high school football team, but they don't make the shirts very fitting. I don't like that picture of me.
Anyway, I just wanted to post them here for a nice sunset view to begin our weekends. I hope all of you have a nice weekend, and enjoy your families. I get to take a break from everything and stay at home and watch our church conference broadcast Saturday and Sunday. I am very excited. It only happens twice a year.

On to the cotton field and the sunset.
HD touching the cotton. He really liked that. He wasn't afraid, like his brother.
Owenator touching the cotton. He wanted to really bad, but wasn't sure if he should. I told him just not to take any. Channy Man didn't want to touch it, then when everyone got in the car he went and did it, but didn't want me to take a picture.

Owenator wanted to take one of me by myself with the cotton. He takes a pretty good picture. I just don't like the shirt, it doesn't fit, it's very big.

I was trying to get the sun behind the cotton. This one isn't my favorite, but I like the sun behind it like that.

This one is my favorite. I like how you can see the color of the sun reflecting on the pieces of cotton. They have a little pink sheen to them. It's not very visible small like this, but enlarged it looked really neat. I wanted to wait a bit longer for the sun to go down more, but the boys were yelling at me to go (well one boy in particular). Maybe next time.

I hope you enjoyed this sunset,
Amy ;)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful. I really like the last one.

Jenn said...

Great pictures, Amy! I'm sorry that other field of cotton was already picked! I guess those farmers don't waste any time, do they?

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I really love that last picture! We always call the cotton fields "Georgia Snow". I've told myself a hundred times to get a picture, but I never do.

Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog! :-) I can always count on you to say something nice and thought-provoking.

And, yes, this past week Dave came by and got another load of our stuff. We both emptied out the trailer, but I ended up emptying the truck yesterday. We need to get organized.

Hope you're having a wonderful conference day! You are absolutely right---everything is just going to get better....for all of us!

Love you lots!
Linda and Dave

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Awesome sunset! I love the cotton-- I've only seen it once and thought it was so cool:)

Thanks for visiting me!

Stef said...

I love that last sunset picture. Great pictures! I've been such a blog slacker so been playing catch-up!