Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wonderful Recipe Wednesday

Chocolate Covered Strawberry PieOK, here's another recipe for you today. I have really been getting into the "presentation" part of what I cook. It is strange I catch myself looking at what I've made, and thinking to myself, "oooh I gotta get my camera, that looks really good".


Today I am going to show you a dessert. Because we all need dessert, and last week I was having a really bad case of "The Chocolates". I really needed some chocolate like everyday, and so I made this really yummy pie. It is one of my concoctions that I made up. I'll have to make it again and post a better picture of it, but these will have to do for now. I hope you enjoy. ;)
I call it:
Chocolate covered Strawberry Pie
Ingredients:

1 Oreo cookie crust
1 package Strawberry Creme pudding mix
milk-amount listed on pudding package
8 oz cool whip-more for a thicker pie
Hershey's chocolate syrup
Directions:

I purchased an Oreo cookie chocolate crust mix for the crust. Make the pudding according to the directions on the package, then fold in the cool whip. I had a big container of cool whip, and just added some that I thought looked like 8 oz, but if it doesn't seem thick enough add more. I should have added more, because my pie didn't set up as well as I would have liked it to.

Anyway, sorry I get sidetracked. Pour the pie into the crust mix, and refrigerate for at least one hour, 2 or more if possible. Cut on a plate drizzled with the chocolate syrup.
OH my heck, it was sooooooo good!

Another one next week...if any of you have a suggestion leave me a comment.


See there isn't that great triangle look to the piece, it wasn't totally set up, or I didn't use enough cool whip. But if you don't look at it, it really tasted good!


Another not so great shot of it, but I'm telling you, I don't care what it looked like, it tasted so much better. Have a great Wednesday "hump day".

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Yum!!! You don't know me but the name "My Life Is Organized Chaos" caught my eye. I thought, "Me too!" Great blog!

EmmaP said...

Have I died and gone to heaven??? Well, if/when I did/do...I hope they serve that there! I am definitely making this dessert!!!

Thanks for stopping by on your layover from BATW!!!

Shell said...

Hi Amy. Thanks so much for coming over to my blog. Don't worry about being late at all. New Year's eve in Times Square is so much fun and Broadway is fabulous. Hope you do make a trip over here one day. Take care. I need chocolate every day to. It's a must. Take care.

Brian and Staci said...

Hi there! Staci from Oklahoma JUST now getting around to saying thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment on my spotlight day!! I'm glad I stopped by today because I am soooo trying to make this pie this weekend! Your little family picture looks so sweet too :) My life is just as crazy...except you have me beat by one more boy :) Hope you have a great weekend :)