Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wonderful Recipe Wednesday

SO Sorry, I lost yesterday somewhere, and now it's Thursday! I meant to post it last night, but the day got away from me again. So here is my Wednesday recipe.



I haven't taken any pictures of the food I've eaten this week, so I am going to go into my photo storage and pull something out of there. I'll be right back .... ..... ..... Ooooh here is a good and simple one.



Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry






Hmm, I've done eggrolls, now I'm doing stir-fry. Do I like Oriental food? YES! I love Japanese food, but have not ventured to try Sushi yet, I'm nervous. I don't know about raw fish.



Ok, anyway back to this recipe. I kind of made it up. I saw a variation online, but didn't have all the ingredients, so I improvised with what I had on hand.

Ingredients:


1 beef round steak, cut into bite-size strips
1 pkg frozen broccoli crowns
2 Tbsp for steak, & 2-3 Tbsp. for sauce soy sauce
ginger-I just put in a pinch, then taste add more to your liking
2 Tbsp. canola oil for cooking steak
pineapple juice, add some to your liking
about 2 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce-taste for flavor
cornstarch-to make a sauce
Hot white rice

Directions:
Cook rice while cooking steak & broccoli and they should get done about the same time. Mix together the ginger, soy sauce, and pineapple juice and Teriyaki sauce, then add some cornstarch to make a sauce mix, set aside. Cook steak in oil and a little soy sauce until done to your liking. Add broccoli let saute for a minute or two, then add sauce mixture to steak and broccoli cook until your desired doneness. I like my broccoli all the way cooked, but some like it crunchy. Serve over hot rice. ENJOY!


I hope I got all the directions right on here. I didn't have this one all ready typed I did it right now, and I cooked it a month ago or so. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend, I'll see you when I get back, hopefully not sunburned. :)

5 comments:

This Mom said...

This looks yummy if only my kids would eat broccoli. '

I was just saying to my OWEN how his name was coming back into style.

Thanks for comign by on yesterdays layover.

Jen said...

Oh goody. This is one of my favorites. Thanks, I'll let you know how it comes out.

Shannon said...

This looks yummy... I've never made beef & broccoli before... eaten it, yes but made it myself, no. I may have to try this!

Thanks for visiting me the other day via BATW... hope you enjoyed the tour of TN :)

Lady Dorothy said...

Oooo, you're making me hungry!

Thank you for stopping by my place yesterday on our BATW tour! I hope you'll come again!

Gombojav Tribe said...

Looks yummy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm just now getting around to returning all that bloggy love!

btw, I have a food blog, too that you might like.