Monday, October 13, 2008

The Winner is...

I WON!!! I WON!!! I WON!!!
I know I need to post from my WONDERFUL beach weekend, but I had to put these on here first. Last week was the fair here in Thomasville, called the Deep South Fair. Well, I decided to put some photos in their arts and crafts exhibit, I put 5 into the contest. And guess what??? I won 3 awards, I swept it taking 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. A friend of mine, Linda called me on my way to the beach to give me the good news. That was the beginning to my awesome weekend. So, here's the photos that I won with, and then at the bottom I will post the picture I took of all 5 of the photographs together.


3rd place is: Frozen Fountain-taken in Las Cruces, NM, December 2007 outside the Si Senor Mexican restaurant.


2nd Place is: Smoker Grill-taken in Thomasville, GA, New Year's Day, January 2005 at Pat Watson's house.

1st place is: Melting Ice Cream- taken in Las Cruces, NM at Scoopy's frozen custard, (now called Caliche's), May 2003

This is a picture of all the photos I submitted into the contest. I actually was surprised that the silhouette didn't win one, but that's OK. I was very excited for what did win.

Bottom Left: Silhouette-taken at the Flint RiverQuarium, June 2008 Albany, GA .

Bottom Right: Reflections-taken at Cherokee Lake, March 2008 Thomasville, GA.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

CONGRATS, Amy! That is awesome. I'm surprised the bottom right one didn't win. That one's my favorite. :)

{amy k.} said...

That's great! 3 awards.. congrats!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! How'd you find me? It's crazy that your name is Amy and middle name is Kay... my name is Amy and my middle initial is K- I usually sign my notes and emails Amy K. And I LOVE photography too! :)

That's a great idea about calling or emailing the company about a product. I'll have to try that!!

Hope you visit my blog again soon!

Jenn said...

Yay Amy! Linda told me on Sunday that you had won, and I'm glad that I got to see the pictures. They are great! Congratulations! BTW, I can't wait to hear all about your fun beach getaway!

Nate Kendra Olsen said...

We love all the photos. You did an awesome job!!
Way to go!!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Amy,
Your pictures are so cool! It was so fun to find them at the fair proudly sporting their ribbons. I would have called you right from the fair, but I left my cell phone home (I had only my keys and camera--I go to these things light!). You have an amazing talent!

Congrats!!

Love you!!!

Linda