Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chandler won the Spelling Bee!!!

Chandler being awarded a Dictionary and Thesaurus for winning the Cross Creek 2008 4th Grade Spelling Bee.

Mrs Thompson, Chandler receiving prize after winning the spelling bee, I don't know the lady's name handing the prize to Chandler.

I have been waiting on these pictures from the school spelling bee, so that I could post them. The one time I forget my camera, is the time that one of my boys does something really great! So I had to rely on one of the teachers, thanks Mrs. Hester, and Ronnell for emailing them to me. (and side note, a few days later I was looking for my camera and realized it had been in the van the whole time. So I could have gone and gotten it, if I'd remembered it was there).
Anyway, so I had a friend of mine Kathy come and sit with the kids I watch so that I could go watch Chandler be in the spelling bee. He was chosen from his class because he won the bee in his homeroom class. I remember being in spelling bees as a child, but I never won one. And Chandler got out on his first word last year (calender he spelled it, correctly spelled calendar). Which I made him spell to me before he left for school that day. That word actually went to a boy next to Chandler and he got out on it too.
For the winning words Chandler had to first spell design (the other boy spelled it desighn), and then salmon. And Mrs. Ament the word caller said she didn't say the "l" on purpose because she was taught not to say it if it is silent. And so Chandler got both words spelled correctly, and that made him the 4th grade winner at Cross Creek Elementary School. Now, he and the 3rd grade winner will go on to the County bee, in January and we'll see where he goes from there.
Also, a quick bit on Wednesday Dec 17, 2008, Chandler was in the Geography bee also, and he came in 3rd place. And he says he knew the right answer for the question he missed, but accidentally said the wrong answer. I wasn't able to attend the geography bee, maybe if he's in it next I'll be able to go then.
Congratulations Chandler!!!

Here are some pics of Chandler at the spelling bee. Mrs. Hester says she is sorry that they are blurry, she wasn't the one who took the pictures, someone else did.


Amy, Chandler & Matt


Back row: Mrs. Thompson, Mrs. Ament, Amy, Ronnell

Front Row: I don't know, Chandler, Matt

No comments: