Monday, December 8, 2008

December LDS Institute final choir performance

December 3, 2008 was our final fall semester concert for the choir I am in. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to participate in this wonderful LDS Institute choir, in Tallahassee this past semester. I haven't sang in a choir other than the one that I direct in a few years. So when I was asked if I would like to be a member of this one I jumped at the opportunity.



We are practicing before our last concert.

I noticed that at the beginning of this year till about August I was not having very good luck with my voice, and was worried that I was losing it, or that possibly I was getting more nodules (spelling) on my vocal chords. I had Laryngoscopy, and thank goodness there was no cancer.
But ever since I have been singing in this choir, I have had no problems, and my voice even feels like it is getting stronger. So I know that I made the right decision to become a member. I don't have any recordings of me singing, I'd like to get one in the future to post here, so the pictures will have to do. Happy Holidays everyone!


I don't have all the names, so I'll have to update that at a later date.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I bet it was lovely! You'll have to get a recording so we all can hear it!

Stef said...

i'm such a slacker, just got to looking at all your posts i've missed and still love all the pictures of thanksgiving! anyway i could get you to e-mail me some of them? i love all your nature pictures down below. You are definatly talented!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Yep, I now have it figured out...there must be balance in all things in life...you have that angelic voice which I love and I can't carry a tune (not even in a bucket). Since I needed to appreciate your wonderful talent, I had to be completely musically inept.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful voice. I always love hearing you sing and you were glorious in the Enrichment program!

Love you!
Hugs!
Linda

Michelle said...

How fun! I love seeing Bro. Clawson with that huge beard, too! (What a shock when I first looked at the post. :))
I miss singing with you.