Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Owen's first soccer game!

Owen's team minus one player and half of the coach, they have seven on his team. I don't have their names right now. I'll get the in the next post. I just yell, "GO BLACK"!!!

Last Tuesday Owen had his first soccer game. I was going to post this that night, but just like most times the day got away from me, and it looks like 6 more just like it. :)

Owen just before we left for his first game. He was so excited to get to play soccer. He says he wants to be a professional soccer player when he grows up. How neat would that be?!?

Owen really likes playing soccer, and has for a long time. We got him a ball, and he got a goal net for Christmas, and we practice in the backyard. Well, sign up for soccer at the YMCA (which is who does the sports here in small town Thomasville, Georgia), and he really wanted to sign up. So I did. Last year and probably again in Nov. Chandler played basketball, and Owen really wanted to play soccer.

We had only had 1 1/2 practices. And for most of these kids they haven't been playing long including Owen. So they were practicing dribbling the ball down the field, and trying to pass it back and forth to each other. Well, only about 30 minutes into our practice it started to rain. Our field is on the furthest away field possible, and so by the time we got to the van we were drenched.

Owen's team is the black team, and they played the Aqua team. It's sad because they don't have any goalies and our team still didn't score that much. The final score was 11-2, and we unfortunately were the 2. But I told Owen it was only his first game, and it wil get better. So here are some pictures from their first game.

Owen's going for the ball.


This is my sub-camera man, Chandler. I was taking still pictures and video taping at the same time, man I can multi-task, no one can tell me that I can't. :) Chandler wanted to viedo so bad, so I let him for a few minutes.


Owen's kicking the ball now. GO OWEN!!!


Here are Owen and one of his teammates watching the other team warm up.


Our second game was Thursday and thankfully we won that one. Owen was really down when they didn't win the first game, but was really excited that they won this second game. Tonight we have our third game, and we'll see how that goes. It is fun to watch them, and I laugh when I see how small the fields are. There are 3 soccer fields in the outfield of a baseball field.


No comments: